Friday, April 25, 2014

Contracted: almost the zombie film I have been waiting for

 http://www.fangoria.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Contracted2.png
Contracted didn't get much attention and the only review I read was at Rue Morgue and that wasn't favorable.  I only watched it because I had an abscess tooth and was on pain killer meds and it caught my eye.  I have thought about it since and I think it was almost the perfect zombie movie precisely because you don't know it was a zombie movie until the last two minutes. 

Samantha () is a lipstick lesbian.  Her significant other, Nikki () isn't returning her calls.  Samatha's world is spiraling down.  She is on her way to a party hosted by Alice (Alice MacDonald) who would like to be Samantha's significant other.  At the party, a guy called BJ apparently drugs her drink and nails her in a car. 

The next morning (Day One) she isn't feeling so hot.  She doesn't get better.  Over the next two days she bleeds from one end and turns red at the eyes.  Her behavior grows more erratic as her appearance grows more grotesque.  Her mother thinks she is back on drugs.  No such luck.  It doesn't end well for Samantha or, I suspect, for the rest of us. 

The film is flawed by a couple of scenes of explicit violence that interrupt the slow burn that the movie has maintained to that point.  However, the last two minutes make the whole show.  This one is worth your time. 

1 comment:

  1. I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is an incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud homeowner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informations.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete